CLASS "A" NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP REQUIREMENTS
ALL TN teams playing in ANY USA Class "A" NATIONAL tournament must complete all of the following steps before approval will be given to play in any National Tournament:
- All teams must be currently registered with USA Softball. (IMPORTANT - A team must register with the local association in which the greatest number of its’ players reside, and this number must be retained for the remainder of the season. IE--if your team is based out of TN but the majority of your players are from KY, then your team would need to register in KY and follow the KY qualification process and gain approval from the KY State Commissioner).
- Earn a berth in a Tennessee Qualifier (EXCEPTION TO THIS: three berths will be awarded during the State Tournament to the highest finishing teams who did not earn a berth in a National Qualifier)
- Play in the Tennessee Class "A" State Tournament.
- Obtain Bollinger Insurance (either Team or Individual Player with Photo ID--if you choose Team Insurance you must provide photo id and birth certificates for each player and you must also pay the $40 sanction fee for USA Softball if not already paid) For steps to obtain Bollinger Insurance, click here : Insurance Info
- All adults (on the field/dugout) must have a USA Softball approved background check and be SafeSport certified for the current year. (both of these steps are to be completed at www.registerusasoftball.com) SafeSport is provided FREE to all members of USA Softball. If you are prompted for payment, please stop the process and let us know ASAP.
- At least 1 coach in the dugout must be ACE certified for the current year (from www.registerUSAsoftball.com, click on the ACE tab and you can purchase ACE and Background check together). Then click on the Safesport tab to complete the current year Safesport.